Monday, September 6, 2010

I started a new course of medication on Friday and it seems to be working, with minimal side effects! Which means I'm feeling a lot better now :) I should be working tonight hopefully, (I haven't been called up yet but I'll know one way or the other in the next hour barring someone else calling in sick at the last minute...).

Hopefully I'll be more in the mood for reading, now that I'm actually starting to feel human again. The amount I've been able to read at a time dropped significantly a couple of weeks - I used to be able to read an average length book in 4-5 days max, depending on how many shifts I was doing and I ended up with any 12 hour shifts rather than my usual 8.(I'm not that fond of 12 hour shifts, 7am to 7pm shifts are fine and if they're during the weekend - paid at time and a half - they're well worth doing. But the 7pm to 7am shifts are a killer, as I almost never get much, if any, sleep before them - I usually manage to get at least 3-5 hours worth of sleep before 11pm to 7am shifts which makes all the difference).

No comments:

Post a Comment