Tuesday, August 31, 2010

It feels like I'm starting to get a cold now, on top of the chest infection/cough of course, I'm feeling incredibly worn out and have zero energy right now. Obviously I'm stuck at home sick, though I did manage to go to the supermarket this morning, luckily I had enough money to cover a few basic things that'll last me until I get paid on Thursday. And I'm actually get paid on Thursday, as I was well enough to do 3 shifts last week and a half day training course which I'll be getting paid for luckily! Unfortunately, I ran out of sick leave last month so actually having a pay packet due this week is going to be a life saver.

The training course was just a 4 hour one on "Patient Handling", which means we went over how to safely move patients depending on their level of mobility. How to get a patient who had fallen, up off the floor, plus making sure everyone knows how to use the Hospital's equipment correctly, (things like hoists, these plastic boards we use to move patients from one bed to another, stuff like that). It's one of the courses we have to re-do each and every year, it's not too bad I'm at the point experience wise it's easy money and I only really learn anything new if they have a new hoist or something to show us. (Even with a new hoist there won't be much difference between it and older ones though).

Unfortunately, a number of items have showed up as returned in my Amazon.co.uk account, meaning the amount of referral fees I've earned has been going backwards. (The referral fees are from people click on one of my Amazon.co.uk links and then adding something to their cart within 24hours and buying it). This is freaking me out a little, as I'm 100% dependant on the referral fees for my basic financial survival - I can't work normal 40 hour weeks due to illness, and without the Amazon.com/.co.uk/.ca money to say I'd be f***ed is putting it mildly.

No comments:

Post a Comment